A four-barrel flintlock pistol marked “C. Moore London” on the frame. Circa 1810-1820. The fixed 3 ½” barrels measure .38 caliber. Each barrel is London proofed. The barrels are rifled and cut very sharply. Overall length is 9”. This pistol is cleverly made with a lever on the left side of the frame to select upper or lower barrels. There is a slide on the right side of the frame that is used to determine which barrel will be engaged. Therefore, one hammer suffices to ignite each barrel. The action is tight and the hammer retains the half and full cock notches. The frame is engraved with leopard, drum, flags, and cannon on the left side and the right side is embellished with floral touches. All engraving is hand cut. The walnut slab stocks are in good condition and fit nicely with the frame. There is a small oval plaque on the backstrap with initials of a prior owner. There are scattered areas of light pitting on the frame with heavier pitting on the barrels having been over cleaned leaving them bright and without patina.