Original Civil War Longley US Brass Buckle Leather Cartridge Box
Original Civil War US Brass Buckle Leather Cartridge Box in fine condition
Original Civil War US Brass Buckle Leather Cartridge Box in fine condition | Dimensions: 8″ x 6.5″ x 2.5″ | This 1862 cartridge box is complete with the following:
- the U.S. box plate (both attached via their original issue leather thongs)
- Interior embossed with “Longley and Co. Lewiston , Ma 1862”
- Both belt loops are present and well attached
- Both side ears remain intact
- The inner implement pouch is in strong condition, with original metal lined main compartments
- The japanned sling buckles are present, and remain firmly in place and well-attached
This cartridge box is in excellent condition considering age and use. This item is from the estate of a very well-known and well-respected lifetime Civil War collector in Upstate New York.
Collectibles, Ephemera, Equipment, Memorabilia, Militaria, Weapons
Artist / Maker
Longley and Co.
American Civil War