Worthington Galleries offers a wide range of services to meet our client’s needs. Whether you’re an artist, buyer or seller of fine art, we facilitate the art buying or selling process. Worthington has represented and advised experienced collectors, those new to buying fine art, those who have dabbled in art collecting, and artists or collectors that desire to sell all or a portion of their portfolio or collection.
Worthington provides its clients with exclusive access to all genres, types, styles and movements of art. Our professionals work with you to develop a customized collecting or sales strategy based on your needs, taste, budget and space. First, Worthington will review its extensive collection of art to see if a particular work of art will meet a client’s needs. Second, we minimize the risk of buying art by working with only reputable institutions and galleries, always verifying the work’s authenticity, and arranging proper shipping, insurance, storage and conservation.
TYPES OF CLIENTS:
We work with a range of clients with varying needs and interests, including:
- Art collectors at every level, from first-time to experienced
- Specialty art buyers
- Corporate entities
- Non-profit institutions, including museums
THE BUYING PROCESS:
We handle all aspects of the art-buying process:
- Examine condition reports and provenance (ownership history).
- Negotiate with sellers to get the best possible price.
- Bid on behalf of the client if buying through an auction house, using a bidding strategy we devise with the client before the sale.
- Arrange for shipping and insurance.
- Arrange for art handlers to install the work in the client’s space.
- Arrange for additional contractors (such as an electrician, lighting specialist, framer) if needed for the installation.
- We assist in acquiring any type of artwork for our clients. We work to find and acquire art within the full range of media: paintings, drawings, mixed media, new media, photography, sculpture, and large-scale installations. For clients who want truly unique work, we commission artists to create pieces specifically for those clients. In addition to working with a variety of mediums, we work with any indoor and outdoor space.
OUR BUYING PHILOSOPHY
We take a strong interest in educating our clients on the historical, intellectual and current market of their acquisitions so that they are informed buyers. Regardless of the reason for your purchase, we ensure the quality of your investment by doing extensive due diligence before making a recommendation. Art offers aesthetic value to a collector, but because it can also appreciate in value over time, it can also serve as a long-term investment.
Our services continue after your artwork is installed. We work with well-respected, highly recommended appraisers, conservators and restorers to help you maintain your acquisitions and assess their value.
MUSEUM CONSULTING SERVICES
We offer special services to museums. These services include collection assessment, acquisition consulting and guest curating. We work with museum directors and curators to enhance the museum’s permanent collection through acquisitions and/or special exhibitions.
For more about our services and how we can meet your art-buying needs, please send us an email, and we will set up a complimentary consultation.